Weight: 225 pounds
From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Finishing Move: The Neckbreaker
“Showtime” Eric Young’s unlimited supply of charm and charisma has made him a main stay inside the hearts of fans all over the world since his TNA debut in 2003.
After graduating high school as valedictorian of his class, Young trained for ten weeks with veteran wrestler Waldo Von Erich in Cambridge, Ontario. He made his offical wrestling debut on October 14, 1998 in Benton Harbor, Mich. Once his training was complete, Young dove into the Ontario independent circuit where he also owned and operated the Wrestleplex training facility out of Cambridge.
Known for his fits of paranoia, stimulated by his alter ego “Super Eric,” Young earned a newly found confidence and evolved into the infamous “Showtime” Eric Young. These ego boosts earned Young numerous TNA World Tag Team Championships and the prized TNA X Division Championship.
In the summer of 2012, Young started a TV show on Animal Planet called “Off the Hook: Extreme Catches,” where he embarks on the ultimate amateur angling road trip. Each half-hour episode follows Young as he crisscrosses the country to try his hand at various fishing practices, ranging from wildly dangerous to all-out weird! When he isn’t traveling the world with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING, this adrenaline junkie strives to become the ultimate makeshift MacGyver of fishing.
• Stars in Animal Planet’s hit TV show “Off the Hook: Extreme Catches”
• Played hockey throughout his youth
• Huge sports fan; heavily involved in fantasy sports
• Worked in a pizza parlor, manufactured brass horse harnesses and worked as a sand caster in the beginning of his wrestling career
• Known for his gravelly voice and ridiculous appetite (will take on any food challenge)
• One of the most entertaining superstars, whose comedy segments are some of the most popular segments in TNA history