Results from Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV, live from Corpus Christi, Texas! Check back on Friday for footage and photos from the broadcast!
Also check out exclusive footage of Jeff Hardy being taken by ambulance after the Full Metal Mayhem main event - check back for updates on his condition!
Scroll down for over 50 exclusive ringside photos from the event
- To open the event, Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez defeated Bobby Roode and Austin Aries to become the NEW World Tag Team Champions, after Chavo hit a frog splash on Roode for the win!
- Joseph Park tried to present a marriage annulment for Brooke Hogan and Bully Ray to Devon of The Aces and Eights, but Devon ripped it up, attacked Park and told him to stay out of the Aces family business!
- With ODB serving as special referee, Taryn Terrell defeated her rival Gail Kim in singles Knockout action! Gail argued with ODB over her officiating, allowing Terrell the opportunity to roll up Gail for the win.
- Hulk Hogan called out AJ Styles for his answer on his allegiance, but Styles said that he didn't respond well to ultimatums! James Storm came out and wanted to fight AJ, but Bad Influence interrupted Storm - asking AJ to join them instead! AJ finally left the ring without answering - but Hogan wouldn't be denied! As a result, Hulk announced that since Styles wouldn't make a decision, AJ would face Storm next week on IMPACT!
- Later backstage, Kurt Angle announced he would face Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco of the Aces and Eights next week in a handicap match to get revenge on them both
- Big Rob Terry defeated Joey Ryan with a spinebuster in singles action on IMPACT
- After Adam Pearce was eliminated earlier in the broadcast, fellow Gut Check participant Magno finally faced the judges. Unfortunately for Magno, the judges passed on the newcomer. As a result, no one advanced to win this month's Gut Check.
- In the main event of the broadcast, Bully Ray retained the World Heavyweight Championship after beating Jeff Hardy in a chaotic Full Metal Mayhem match! With Bully's wife Brooke Hogan sitting ringside, it was an all-out war between Bully and Hardy! At one point, Brooke slapped Bully at ringside. Hardy nearly had Bully beat after hitting a huge Swanton through a table on the outside, but Taz turned the momentum when he handed Bully Ray the hammer from the ringside bell keeper! With Bully and Hardy battling at the top of the ladder, Bully nailed Hardy with the hammer to send him falling from the ladder through a table - allowing Bully Ray to win the match and retain the championship! As the broadcast ended, the rest of the Aces and Eights joined Bully Ray in celebrating his win!
TNA WRESTLING, DELTA AIR LINES TEAM TO SEND LUCKY FANS TO ‘SLAMMIVERSARY XI’ IN BOSTON
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE FEATURES AIRFARE, HOTEL AND FRONT ROW SEATS FOR TNA’S ANNIVERSARY EVENT
TNA WRESTLING brings its anniversary Pay-Per-View event SLAMMIVERSARY XI to Boston University’s Agganis Arena on Sunday, June 2, and DELTA AIR LINES is helping bring two very lucky fans along for the celebration.
• Round Trip Airfare for two on Delta Air Lines to Boston, including two Delta Sky-Club Passes
• Three nights hotel accommodations (2 guests) (May 31-June 2)
• VIP Reception/ Meet & Greet (May 31)
• Two passes to the TNA SLAMMIVERSARY Fan InterAction Event (June 1)
• Saturday Evening VIP Event-TBD (June 1)
• Sunday Morning Breakfast with select TNA Superstars (June 2)
• Meet & Greet with “The Icon” STING (June 2)
• Two front row tickets to the SLAMMIVERSARY XI event at Boston University’s Agganis Arena (June 2)
• Two SLAMMIVERSARY Prize Packs featuring SLAMMIVERSARY 2013 T-shirts, TNA Wrestling Programs and Action Figures
It’s a big week for TNA’s very own “hardcore country” Knockout , as the video for the title track of MICKIE JAMES’ new album “Somebody’s Gonna Pay” made its debut on Wednesday on AOL’s country music-dedicated site The Boot.
The clip, directed by Blake Judd and also featuring Mickie’s fellow IMPACT WRESTLING Superstar MAGNUS, as well as Trish Stratus, was shot in various locations around Nashville earlier this year.
We’re sure to see much more from Mickie as the release date for “Somebody’s Gonna Pay” approaches, including a special deal for Mickie fans at ShopTNA.com!
It was a night of 5-on-5 ferocity, 3-man mayhem, 2-on-2 trouble, and 1-on-1 confrontations. From Jonesboro, Ark., it's the 4/4 Four-Point Stance! Full coverage from Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV!
Scroll down for exclusive ringside photos and footage from the event!
1. The Aces Continue Ripping At The Heart And Soul Of TNA: Say what you will about the members of Aces & Eights, they're not going to back down from a confrontation. Not in the form of a Team TNA consisting of Kurt Angle, Magnus, Samoa Joe, Eric Young and the eager newcomer Joseph Park. The A&8 took on said team in a 10-man tag match and prevailed, showing their ongoing willingness to take a beating in order to get what they want, be it victory or control. And certainly not in the form of World Champion Bully Ray's wife Brooke Hogan, who the champ called out to present an envelope, which Brooke assumed to be divorce papers. Instead, it was a front-row ticket to next week's IMPACT LIVE in Corpus Christi, Texas, where the Bully will take on Jeff Hardy in a Full Metal Mayhem match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Will Bully Ray's "good luck charm" show up ringside in South Texas? We doubt it after that slap.
2. She Doth Protest...Not At All: What is it with Gail Kim and putting her hands on TNA officials? We all know her physical run-ins with Taryn Terrell, the ones that resulted in the blonde bombshell being fired from her job as Knockouts official (and her subsequent addition to the Knockouts competitive roster.) Now we see Kim taking a similar, yet completely different, tack with Joey Ryan, who offered Knockouts exec Brooke Hogan his services (hopefully temporarily) as an official for the Knockout matches. Ryan ruled the ring with quite the studied inefficiency during the Knockouts tag match between Kim and Tara vs. Terrell and Velvet Sky, his hand touching the match only for a very speedy three count that gave Kim's team the win. Not that Kim had one bad thing to say about this particular ref's tactics. Funny, that.
3. Do They Have What It Takes? The debut of Gut Check on the road brought two well-traveled veterans -- "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce and the lanky luchador Magno --out in front of the IMPACT bright lights and television cameras. Both men, each experienced in their own ways, had their powerful moments and their less-than-crisp moments. Next week in Corpus Christi, one will be eliminated and the other go on to face the Gut Check judges with an opportunity for a TNA contract on the line. At this point, we can honestly say it's a toss-up.
4. Which Side Will AJ Choose? The ongoing recruitment of, matched with an equal silence from, AJ Styles continues to befuddle the IMPACT audience. Aces & Eights loudmouth Mr. Anderson offered AJ a customized A&8s cut, ready to have The Phenomenal One join their ranks. Meanwhile, after IMPACT GM Hulk Hogan called Styles out to the ring for an answer, it was James Storm's interruption (not to mention not-so-veiled threat that "You better clock out before you get knocked out") that forestalled Styles' response. Could Hogan and Storm's insistence on an answer be the thing that tips Styles' scales toward TNA...or toward the renegade gang bent on TNA's destruction?
In other news coming out of Jonesboro:
-- The contract signing for the Tag Team Championship match next week between "the team of World Champions" Austin Aries and Bobby Roode, and Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Hernandez took on a new dimension. Despite the seeming hesitation of Super Mex, the challengers agreed to the new stipulation of a 2-out-of-3-falls match.
-- The flip side of the evolution of the X-Division, the new Qualifying Match, featured Sonjay Dutt (the man who took the pin in the most recent X-Division Championship Match) taking on Mason Andrews and the returning Petey Williams, who hadn't been seen in TNA in more than four years. In typical "quick as a hiccup" action, Williams' genuinely scary looking Canadian Destroyer sealed the deal on Andrews, after Andrews had dispatched Dutt with a high-impact flying knee. Williams goes on to face Zema Ion and the reigning X-Division Champ Kenny King at the next championship opportunity.
IHG’s CANDLEWOOD SUITES® JOINS TNA IMPACT WRESTLING AS OFFICIAL HOTEL BRAND FOR THE ORGANIZATION
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is proud to join with IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON: IHG; NYSE: IHG (ADRs)], one of the world’s largest hotel companies, in a one-year agreement naming IHG’s extended stay brand Candlewood Suites® as the official hotel partner for the organization’s more than 120 annual live events. TNA IMPACT WRESTLING produces events across the globe and is dedicated to brand loyalty.
“We are really looking forward to this new relationship with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING,” said Robert Radomski, Vice President of Brand Leadership, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites. “This partnership provides a fantastic opportunity for IHG – and specifically Candlewood Suites hotels – to showcase talent, production team and fan travel accommodations for TNA IMPACT WRESTLING as they travel throughout the U.S. and around the globe.”
To support the relationship, the organization will cross-brand the alliance throughout the company’s various marketing partners. Candlewood Suites hotels will utilize TNA IMPACT WRESTLING’s many marketing platforms to showcase the brand throughout the year. Cross-promotional efforts include website marketing (www.impactwrestling.com), inclusion in exclusive TNA IMPACT WRESTLING talent-based video programs for the Internet and a presence at the company’s live events throughout the United States. Additionally, all TNA IMPACT WRESTLING staff, officials and talent will reside at Candlewood Suites and other IHG-branded hotels while traveling throughout the season.
“Aligning with IHG Candlewood Suites hotels is a natural extension to our growing brand,” said TNA Wrestling Vice President of Marketing Michael Weber. “It is important to us to form strategic alliances with like-minded companies. With our growing live event schedule and need for a high volume of hotel rooms for our talent, staff and fans, we know we are at the beginning of a great relationship that can be marketed locally and globally.”
TNA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC:
TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held sports entertainment company based in Nashville, Tennessee that specializes in events, numerous TV properties, merchandise and music, as well as, the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. The roster features such greats as Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, James Storm, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Brooke Hogan, the lovely and lethal Knockouts and many more through TNA's highly successful “IMPACT WRESTLING” broadcasts weekly on SPIKE TV. In addition, TNA produces Pay-Per-View events and more than 100 non-televised live shows around the world each year. The product is the world’s most innovative experience in professional wrestl ing and is broadcast in over 120 countries. For more information, please visit www.impactwrestling.com.
About Candlewood Suites Hotels:
Candlewood Suites hotels are focused on comfort, space and value. At more than 299 properties located throughout North America, guests find spacious studio and one-bedroom suites each with its own fully equipped kitchen, executive desk, DVD player, recliner and telephone with voice mail plus free local calls. The Candlewood Gym and free Guest Laundry facilities are open around the clock, and guests can take advantage of the 24-hour Candlewood Cupboard®, where they will find breakfast items, snacks, refreshments, easy to prepare meals and necessities available on the honor system. Guests can borrow items to enhance their extended visit, including a desk fan, blenders, board games and more, from the new Lending Locker. Candlewood Suites hotels offer guests all of this at a very comfortable price.
For more information or to book a reservation, visit ihg.com/candlewood or call 1-888-CANDLEWOOD. Find Candlewood Suites hotels on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Candlewood or Facebook www.Facebook.com/CandlewoodSuites
Buy your exclusive autographed Action Figure of TNA President Dixie Carter from ShopTNA.com. Then, follow @TNADixie on Twitter and post a picture of your action figure along with your location and #WhereIsDixie . Every picture posted enters you for a chance to win IMPACT WRESTLING merchandise, a TNA Heavyweight Championship Replica Belt or even a phone call from TNA President Dixie Carter!
This week on the list EZ V tries to answer the question that is on everybody's mind.. Is Robbie E smarter than a 5th grader bro? For More info on IMPACT WRESTLING go to http://www.impactwrestling.com
For pay-per-views and TNA programming archives go to http://www.tnaondemand.com
follow Robbie E on twitter @RobbieEIMPACT and follow us @impactwrestling
The Four-Point Stance for May 28, 2013: News and Results from Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV
Challenges galore echoed through the halls of the ASU Convocation Center in Jonesboro, Ark., as the very first Open Fight Night on the road took over IMPACT WRESTLING. Here are the four biggest stories coming out of Thursday's action:
Watch footage from IMPACT on YouTube: CLICK HERE FOR THE PLAYLIST
Scroll down for exclusive ringside photos from IMPACT
1. Hardy Makes The First Challenge: Beaten, bruised, battered, but still breathing...it seems Jeff Hardy spends a lot of time that way, but the new No. 1 Contender refuses to let down his Creatures of the Night. Hardy wanted to kick off this month's Open Fight Night on his terms, but as per usual, the Aces & Eights had other ideas. The World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray led his brothers in chaos out to the ring, but it was the Aces loudest mouth, Mr. Anderson, who got the most verbal shots in on the Charismatic Enigma, before the rest of the gang got their physical shots in. The de facto Team TNA -- Samoa Joe, Magnus, Eric Young and Kurt Angle -- rushed to Hardy's rescue, allowing Hardy to make his open challenge to Green Bay's now-least favorite son. And while it didn't take much prodding at all to get Anderson to accept (mainly coming from the encouragement of A&8s linchpins Bully Ray and Devon), it was a decision he'd later regret. (If Anderson had a conscience about such things, that is...)
2. The Icon And The Immortal Face-To-Face: Speaking of taking OFN's platform to a new place, TNA's inaugural Hall of Famer Sting, befitting his years in the business and his familiarity with IMPACT's General Manager Hulk Hogan, called Hogan out to the ring. Not to fight, per se, but to discuss the ongoing aftermath of Bully Ray's betrayal and the schism it has caused within IMPACT's landscape. Sting told Hogan to man up and live up to his decisions. Hogan told Sting, in no uncertain terms, to get out of his ring. Sting responded with those most timeless two words of defiance: "Make me." Had it not been for Atlas Security keeping the two men apart, a slugfest featuring IMPACT's most decorated veterans would have ensued, something that seems now more an inevitability than a potentiality.
3. A Challenge Within A Challenge: Taryn Terrell -- former Knockout official, newest Knockout competitor -- used her first stab at Open Fight Night to call out the source of her recent change in employment status, Gail Kim. Which Kim seems to have found funny, since she was planning to do the very same thing to Terrell, only with the aid of her fellow femme fatale, Tara. The two-on-one beatdown of the newest Knockout didn't sit well with Knockouts champion Velvet Sky, who made her own form of impact on Tara and Gail. It didn't settle the score between Terrell and Kim, only moved it to the backstage hallways, where the friction continued, and the words, fur and fists continued to fly.
4. Divided, But Not Conquered: So the thing with an eight-man gang hell-bent on destruction is that you can take subsets of that gang and use it to wreak similar havoc. James Storm thought he was calling out AJ Styles, in an effort for The Cowboy to either "drink about it" or "fight about it," referring to the Phenomenal One's recent silent return. Instead, Storm found himself face-to-fist with one of those subsets of the Aces -- in this case, D.O.C., Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Kurt Angle and Eric Young came to the Cowboy's defense, setting off a six-man tag team match that eventually saw Brisco get the pin over his former mentor Angle after an exceptionally hard-hitting matchup. Will we continue to see smaller offshoots of the A&8s take care of club business like this? Heaven help the IMPACT Superstars if so.
More news coming out of Jonesboro, Ark.:
-- Jeff Hardy's World Championship rematch against Bully Ray has been set for April 11 in Corpus Christi, Texas, and after dispatching Mr. Anderson, Hardy called his shot: the match will be Full Metal Mayhem. Hardy, Bully, Tables, Ladders, Chairs and Championships...this sounds familiar somehow...
-- Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez called out the boys of Bad Influence, Daniels and Kaz, for a winners-get-the-No. 1-contendership for the Tag Team titles. Chavo and SuperMex got the win, and we're betting one of IMPACT's most DVR'ed moments of the week is when Chavo suplexed Daniels onto Hernandez' shoulder (where Kaz had already been deposited on the other side) before a devastating drop. This just in: Hernandez is a beast. (We know...this is hardly new news.)
-- We looked the next round of Gut Check contestants -- the veterans Adam Pearce and Magno -- as well as previewed the next three contenders to get into the newly revamped X-Division title hunt -- Sonjay Dutt, Mason Andrews and the returning Petey Williams. You thought this week's IMPACT was action-packed...you ain't seen nothin' yet. WATCH FOOTAGE FROM THE BROADCAST BELOW:
TRISTAR, the nation’s premier producer of sports collectibles and memorabilia, today released its all-new, exclusive-licensed IMPACT WRESTLING trading card product, titled LIVE.
The new set of high-gloss cards features IMPACT WRESTLING superstars, with parallel editions of each card featuring serial numbering.
What can IMPACT WRESTLING fans and collectors look forward to in LIVE? Highlights include:
- Hand-Signed Autograph Cards with signatures from 40+ different IMPACT WRESTLING stars. Special multi-autograph cards feature two, three, four, six, eight, ten or twelve autographs on a single card! This is the first time TNA cards have ever featured as many as ten or twelve autographs on one card. Plus, look for the special inscriptions IMPACT WRESTLING stars signed with their autographs.
- 1 of 1 LIVE Printing Plates With Autograph(s) can be found in LIVE hobby boxes. These are the actual plates used to print the LIVE cards and are highly coveted by collectors.
- Special Short-Printed Cards are randomly inserted one per hobby box, as well as randomly in retail packs. These special cards include images of special Sam Shaw Caricatures that he drew of TNA stars exclusively for LIVE Trading Cards. Plus, Jeff Hardy comments on his fellow TNA stars.
- Authentic Action Memorabilia Cards feature a swatch of clothing worn by a star in an IMPACT WRESTLING event, with many of the cards featuring not only the event-worn clothing swatch but a hand-signed autograph, too! Look for the five Jeff Hardy Letter Cards spelling out his last name, with each including a swatch of a Hardy event-worn art t-shirt. Authentic Action Memorabilia Cards feature Hulk Hogan, Sting, Hardy, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Knockouts and many more.
- Special Insert Cards: Attend IMPACT WRESTLING Live In a City Near You! – Look for randomly-inserted, special insert cards giving those who find them free tickets to a LIVE TNA IMPACT WRESTLING show in a nearby city.
Special Card Subsets include:
- “4 Corners” – A TNA star names four words that best describe another TNA star.
- “LIVE Events” – Which stars get nervous before entering the ring? What are the stars’ most memorable matches? Find out on these cards.
- “Reality” – Which reality television shows would TNA stars like to appear on? Which do they most like to watch? They will tell you in this special subset.
- “Then & Now” – TNA stars are pictured as a child and talk about favorite childhood memories.
- “Dixie Carter’s Top TNA Moments of 2012” – President Dixie Carter reveals the TNA moments or events that were at the top of her list in 2012.
TRISTAR vice president Mandy Fuerst said the company is excited to mark the historic move with TNA this month taking the weekly Thursday IMPACT WRESTLING show on the road with this new, special trading card product.
“LIVE Trading Cards provide the opportunity for TRISTAR and TNA to reach out to fans that now have the opportunity to attend a live IMPACT WRESTLING televised show in their own city for the first time,” Fuerst said. “IMPACT WRESTLING now going on the road from city to city is a big step in allowing the fans to be part of the TNA excitement in person, and this new trading card product (LIVE) celebrates TNA and TRISTAR bringing the stars LIVE to them.”
IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE Trading Card checklists, as well as all the card details, are available online at www.IMPACTWRESTLINGCARDS.com. For all the latest news and information, follow @TNACards on Twitter.
“IMPACT WRESTLING trading cards are such a great way for fans to collect their favorite stars, and collectors recognize the value of these cards with all of the hand-signed autographs, short-printed cards, serially-numbered parallels, event-worn clothing memorabilia cards and more,” said Fuerst.