Impact Coverage by Bobby James
November 25, 2015 | World Title Series
World Title Series: Group X-Division Sudden Death | Tigre Uno vs. DJ Z vs. Manik
*Two will advance to the Round of 16.
Tigre Uno and DJ Z work against Manik, sending him through the ropes and off the apron. DJ Z sets up a springboard moonsault, but Tigre Uno catches him with an enziguri that downs him on the apron. Tigre Uno sends DJ Z off the apron with a running dropkick.
Tigre Uno takes down Manik and DJ Z with a moonsault from the turnbuckle. When the action returns to the ring, Manik applies a submission to Tigre Uno that DJ Z interrupts. Tigre Uno sends DJ Z out of the ring and delivers a chin breaker to Manik.
Manik’s quick to recover and applies a backpack submission to Tigre Uno while applying a Boston Crab to DJ Z! The hold’s broken and pin attempts ensue. Tigre Uno and Manik find themselves on the apron and simultaneously springboard toward DJ Z, colliding mid-air. DJ Z scores a double tornado DDT!
DJ Z pins Manik to advance to the Round of 16!
Manik counters a sunset flip from Tigre Uno to score his own two-count. They trade blows and when Tigre Uno’s whipped into the ropes, he comes out flying with a modified stunner! Manik just kicks out before three!
Tigre Uno moves for a springboard corkscrew, but Manik counters and sits into a pin. Tigre Uno’s out but rolled into a cross armbreaker. He fights his way to the bottom rope, forcing the break. Manik attempts a back suplex from the corner, but Tigre Uno counters. Manik picks his ankle, sending him face-first into the ring post.
Manik sets up a neckbreaker that Tigre Uno spins out of. He sends Manik into the turnbuckle with a German suplex. He follows with a split-legged moonsault to score the three-count.
Tigre Uno advances to the Round of 16.
Result: DJ Z and Tigre Uno def. Manik
World Title Series: Group UK | Rockstar Spud vs. Drew Galloway
Rockstar Spud couples his speed and height disadvantage to evade Galloway early on. Galloway eventually catches up, but Spud sends him through the ropes with an armdrag. Beyond the ring, Galloway powers Spud into the apron and then flips him up, onto his shoulder. He runs toward the ring post, but Spud counters and then Galloway misses a spear, crashing head first into the stairs.
Spud hurries into the ring with the official and the count begins. Galloway just slides under the ropes at nine. Spud makes a cover, but Galloway’s out; Spud scales the ropes. He dives toward Galloway, but he’s caught and spun into a backbreaker! Galloway charges again, but this time rams into the ring post!
Spud unleashes his underdog fury and connects with an enziguri! He signals for the Underdog, but Galloway lifts out of it and delivers a clubbing blow that downs Spud on the apron. Galloway sets Spud up for a powerbomb from the apron, but he appears conflicted and breaks the hold.
Spud sends Galloway over the top rope with a kick to the face. When Galloway rises, Spud plants him with a diving DDT! Galloway powers out at two and connects with a neckbreaker and the Claymore for the victory.
Result: Drew Galloway def. Rockstar Spud (Galloway advances to the Round of 16
World Title Series: Group UK | Bram vs. Grado
Bram rolls up Grado for the three-count.
Result: Bram def. Grado (Bram advances to the Round of 16)
World Title Series: Group Future 4 | Micah vs. Jessie Godderz
Micah sends Jessie into retreat, but after taking him down from the apron, Jessie returns the action to the ring and sends Micah face-first into the turnbuckle before delivering a backbreaker.
Jessie connects with a huge standing dropkick before dragging his forearm across the bridge of Micah’s nose. Micah regains control soon after and delivers a big clothesline and body drop. Jessie uses the bottom rope to stop the count.
Micah catches Jessie with a Samoan drop, but misses a diving headbutt! Jessie sinks into the Adonis Crab and forces the submission.
Result: Jessie Godderz def. Micah (Jessie advances to the Round of 16)
Kurt Angle’s Future
Angle says the European tour in January will be his retirement tour for TNA.
World Title Series: Group Tag Team Specialists | Davey Richards vs. Robbie E
Davey and Robbie drag one another around the ring in a blur of offense, defense and counters. Robbie scores a series of armdrags before applying a shoulder hold. Davey’s out quickly and sends Robbie through the ropes with a dropkick.
Davey misses a running kick from the apron, which allows Robbie to connect with a rolling senton! Robbie’s caught with an exploder suplex and clothesline once the action returns to the ring. Davey applies a cloverleaf variation, but Robbie forces the break. Robbie and Davey come to blows until Robbie takes advantage with a series of clotheslines and a two-count.
Robbie delivers the Boom Drop for another two-count! Then they trade a series of pin attempts that culminate with a double stomp from Davey! Davey goes up the turnbuckle, but misses a second double stomp. He offers Creeping Death instead to secure the victory.
Result: Davey Richards def. Robbie E (Davey advances to the Round of 16)
World Title Series: Group Wildcard | Crazzy Steve vs. Kenny King
Kenny King flips out of a hammerlock and catches Steve with a drop toehold. Steve’s up and checks King with a spinning shoulder. He retrieves his bike horn but is floored for his antics. Steve regains control and honks at King before connecting with a springboard hurricanrana!
Crazzy Steve scores a series of two-counts before being caught in a Royal Flush!
Result: Kenny King def. Crazzy Steve (King advances to the Round of 16)
Backstage: Austin Aries says that Lashley will need to be perfect and greater than “The Greatest Man that Ever Lived” in order to advance to the Round of 16.
World Title Series: Group Champions | Austin Aries w/ Thea Trinidad vs. Lashley
Lashley overpowers Aries, but Aries’ speed takes over and he scores with a series of shots in the corners. He drives Lashley face-first into the ring post before dropping his arm over the top rope. Lashley’s sent into the opposite corner with a missile dropkick.
Lashley powers out of the corner with a clothesline before sending Aries outside. He rolls Aries back into the ring and sets up for a delayed vertical suplex. Aries counters with several knees to the head, forcing Lashley to drop to one knee. Lashley, however, will not be denied and rises with Aries still in position to receive a vertical suplex!
Lashley counters a discuss forearm with a belly-to-belly suplex! He sets up a spear, but Aries dodges Lashley connects with the ring post. Lashley sends Aries over the top rope, but he connects with a neckbreaker on the ropes. Aries scores another missile dropkick!
Lashley powers out and lifts Aries off the mat to deliver a running powerslam! He scores a two-count as the 5-minute warning flashes on the screen. Aries separates himself and plays opossum, luring Lashley into a Last Chancery!
Lashley counters by pressing Aries up. Aries drops out of the slam attempt and delivers a discuss forearm and running dropkick! Aries motions for a brainbuster, but Lashley counters with a belly-to-back suplex! He rushes in for a second spear as Aries rises, but misses and drops to the outside.
Aries leaps for a suicide dive – but he catches his feet on the ropes and takes a nasty head-first landing into the guardrail! Lashley rolls him into the ring and sets up for another spear that Earl Hebner tries waving off.
Lashley lifts Aries to his feet twice – both times he collapses. The third time, Aries delivers a chop, but Lashley runs him over with a clothesline. Lashley tries for another spear, but Aries sits out of it and locks in the Last Chancery as the 1-minute warning flashes!
Lashley forces his way to the ropes and breaks the hold. Aries attempts a 450 splash, but Lashley rolls out of the way and delivers the spear to pick up the win.
Result: Lashley def. Austin Aries (Lashley advances to the Round of 16)
The Round of 16 – Matchup Reveal
Ethan Carter III vs. DJ Z
Bram vs. Davey Richards
Lashley vs. Drew Galloway
Mahabali Shera vs. Eli Drake
Tigre Uno vs. Gail Kim
Eric Young vs. Kenny King
Jessie Godderz vs. Awesome Kong
Bobby Roode vs. Matt Hardy
The World Title Series started with 32 competitors in 8 groups fighting for the chance to become the new undisputed TNA World Champion. After weeks of Group round action, two competitors from each Group have earned the points to make it to the Round of 16. Starting next Wednesday, Dec. 2, the Round of 16 begins.
The Round of 16 is single elimination. Win and move on. Lose and go home.
Watch Josh and Pope reveal the matches scheduled for the Round of 16, and see the matchup graphics below. Share them on social media using #Roundof16
Remember to make your picks for the World Title Series by making your picks in the Bracket Brawl Sweepstakes.
TNA World Title Series Bracket Brawl Tournament
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: “TNA Wrestling World Title Series Bracket Brawl” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 11pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 immediately following TNA IMPACT WRESTLING on Destination America. The Sweepstakes concludes at 6pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY / ONLINE INTERNET ENTRIES FOR PERMANENT LAWFUL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
You may enter online by completing an online entry form available at http://www.impactwrestling.com during the Promotion Period. Completed online entry forms must include your name, email address, date of birth. Limit of one entry per person/email address/ household address.
Alternatively, you may enter via U.S Mail by submitting a postage paid envelope including your name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, and day and evening phone number (including area code) and completed World Title Series Bracket addressed to: TNA Wrestling World Title Series Bracket Brawl, 209 10th Ave. South, Suite 302, Nashville, TN 37203. The entry must be handwritten in ink. After submitting the mail-in entry form, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. All alternate entries mailed in must be post marked no later than December 2, 2015
No mechanically reproduced or automatically generated entries are permitted. There will be no verification of receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Entries into the Grand Prize drawing are limited to one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from a person will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. TNA Wrestling will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must be a lawful, permanent resident of any of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older as of November 25, 2015. Sweepstakes is void outside of the aforementioned States and where restricted or prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees of TNA Entertainment, LLC (the “Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, agents and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. PRIZE(S): One (1) eligible Grand Prize winner will win a three (3) day/two (2) night trip for two (2) people to a future IMPACT WRESTLING 2016 televised event within the contiguous United States. The trip includes round trip coach airfare for two (2) people from the major airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to the major airport nearest the IMPACT WRESTLING event venue, airport transfers, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy), and two (2) tickets to the IMPACT WRESTLING event, (Approximate Retail Value: $1,550.00). Travel for the Grand Prize winner and guest will take place between March 1 – October 30, 2016. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel out of the same airport and on the same itinerary. Minor(s) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The Grand Prize winner and guest must adhere to TNA Wrestling’s terms and restrictions. The Sponsor, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Grand Prize winner resides less than 100 miles from event venue. Meals, beverages, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. If, for any reason, the Grand Prize trip is postponed, the entire Grand Prize package will be re-scheduled for another set of dates when available. If, for any reason, a wrestling event is cancelled or postponed, the Sponsor is not responsible, and the Grand Prize trip will be awarded, without that wrestling event, on the same itinerary. If the Grand Prize winner cannot comply with any of these conditions, he/she will forfeit his/her right to the prize and alternate winner may be selected. The Administrator reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prizes, including destination, accommodations and travel dates for the Grand Prize winner, for prizes of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Administrator reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
- GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted by TNA Wrestling in January 2016 following completion of the World Title Series and the crowning of a new TNA World Champion from among all eligible entries received by 11:59:59pm Eastern Time on December 3, 2015. Odds of winning the Grand Prize and secondary prizes depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of TNA Wrestling, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail on or about December 4, 2015. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided at the time of entry, TNA Wrestling reserves the right to select another winner or not award that prize, at its sole discretion. Winner (or a winner's parent/legal guardian if a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) within ten (10) days of notification. A parent or legal guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor for the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. A prize won by a minor may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners will be subject to a verification process, to include winner’s name, address, home phone number and work/cell phone number. Guest of the Grand Prize winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) must complete a Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable if prize notification letter is lost in the mail.
- PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating, where allowed by law, the winners and all participants grant the Sweepstakes Entities exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other sweepstakes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Administrator may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. All winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a Publicity Release, where legal. Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If a potential winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries. If a Grand Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Administrator, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with the prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Winners must provide the Administrator with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from the Administrator and/or its parent company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of TNA Wrestling personnel and judges. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. TNA Wrestling will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes, and the Administrator’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of this Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference, or any event beyond the control of the Administrator, the Administrator reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Administrator deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Administrator are final. The Administrator reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Administrator corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, in which case, the Grand Prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. All decisions will be made by the Administrator and are final. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINES THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities and Sweepstakes Administrator, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. By participating, entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost / delayed / garbled data or transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic network, scanner or computer hardware or software malfunction and/or transmission failure, loss or delayed or corrupted data transmissions, or any technical or human failures, errors or difficulties of any kind. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sweepstake Entities’ representatives. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and in such event, to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-corrupted online entries up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension. In the event of dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted in the entry, provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) responsible for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address has assigned the e-mail address. The winners agree to release, hold harmless and forever discharge the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities, of any nature whatsoever, which they may now or hereafter assert, including but not limited to, claims for injury, death, or illness arising out of or claimed to be arising out of sweepstakes entry, prize acceptance or use/misuse of the aforesaid prizes.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Administrator’s release form to claim the prize. The Administrator may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Administrator disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Administrator is not responsible for any typographical errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a winners list, mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to TNA IMPACT Wrestling World Title Series Bracket Brawl Sweepstakes, 209 10th Ave. South, Suite 302, Nashville, TN 37203. Vermont residents only may omit return postage. Winners list will be available for six (6) months beginning January 16, 2016. All entries become the property of the Administrator and will not be returned.
- JURISDICTION: These official rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. Venue and jurisdiction for any claims associated in any way with these rules shall only be proper in the State of Tennessee.
Impactwrestling.com received this video earlier today from Robbie E, who has a message for his opponent, Davey Richards, and the entire locker room ahead of the World Title Series tomorrow night on IMPACT WRESTLING.
The story of the first Thanksgiving has been told over and over to all American children. The first Settlers sat down with the Native Americans and ate turkey and had a huge feast while the Settlers learned about their new home, America. We celebrate every November with overeating, football and wrestling!
Let’s take the time to relive some classic IMPACT Thanksgiving moments.
Like in 2013, when Rockstar Spud hosted a feast in the six-sided ring.
Have you ever really looked into Eric Young’s eyes? The man really is a world class maniac and one of the most feared men on The Impact Roster. Eric Young represented himself in The World Title Series in The Group TNA Originals.
First up for the deranged Eric Young was a man just as diabolical, The Monster Abyss. This was a fun match to witness, two heavy hitters giving it they’re all and in the end it was Abyss who left with 3 points. Eric Young was not happy!
Eric Young would face Bobby Roode in his next match and just like his t-shirt says, Eric Young showed that he is a World Class Maniac, going to work early on Roode. Young was stalking Roode, trying to play mind games. Did they work? Eric Young took the 3 points and victory, so yeah, you guess they did.
With his back against the wall, Eric Young met James Storm in his third match. Eric Young was persistent and not at all worried about Storm, that he didn’t fear Storm. It could have been mind games or Eric Young might have known something we didn’t. Either way, Eric Young won the match, the points, and the opportunity to compete in the Round of 16.
Who will have to deal with The World Class Maniac in the Round of 16? Can anyone stop this man? Can anyone match the level of intensity that Eric Young brings to The World Title Series?
He is the longest reigning Champion in TNA history. He wants to win The World Title for a 3rd time and he knows more than anyone what is at stake in The World Title Series. Bobby Roode is a true pro.
Bobby Roode’s first match was against The Cowboy James Storm. Roode wasn’t at all concerned about their past friendship or what was once Beer Money. Roode knew what needed to be done and that was take out James Storm, earn a victory, get three points and go home. And that is exactly what Roode did.
Next up was another familiar foe, Eric Young. Do you remember what Eric Young did to Bobby Roode back in January? He only cost him The TNA World Title and made Roode’s 2015 a living nightmare. And wouldn’t you know it, Eric Young did it again using Earl Hebner to his advantage and defeating Roode with a piledriver.
It came down to Roode vs. The Monster Abyss in a do or die situation. Roode, always the pro, was calm and collected and then he collected his 3 points as well as a spot in the Round of 16.
Who will face Bobby Roode? Will this former World Champion do it again? Will Bobby Roode’s hand be held high when we determine who will win The World Title Series?